I’m a dog girl, plain and
simple. I have always loved animals of every sort and, really, some
of my best friends have been dogs. They are, to me, the most amazing
creatures and they completely inspire me in so many areas of my life.
I love all the things that come
together to make a photo - colors, light, angles and shadows, and
let's not forget expression! Self-taught, I have read and studied
volumes of technical textbooks and inspirational works, practiced
and experimented, finally combining a passion for all things dog with
this creative interest as a business venture in 2007/2008.
Over the years,
I have acquired a soft spot for senior dogs and rescue animals. I
spend about a quarter of my time volunteering with rescues by photographing
adoptables, fundraising support, events, etc. The rest of my time is
devoted to client work and family. After losing my gorgeous senior
dog and BFF, Bandit (pictured, left), in 2014, I created a program
to honor him: "Always With Me" - you
can read about it here.
In January, 2015,
we adopted a new dog / model in the making, Roux (below). He's still
a work in progress, but he is featured prominently in my work
as well and appears peppered all over my Facebook and Instagram accounts.
- I haven’t vacationed without my dog(s) since 2003.
- Sometimes I can literally feel my heart swell with love when I’m looking at Roux (especially when he’s snuggling … or when he first wakes in the morning … maybe not so much when he’s destroying my stuff.)
- I adore when shy shelter dogs give me kisses during their photo time.
- I am introverted by nature.
- When I go to a gathering, I will always seek out the family dog(s) for company first. No offense to the hosts.
- As a child, I wanted to be a veterinarian, but later found the arts more my speed than math and science.
- Chances are good I will show up to your session wearing flip-flops.
- I used to be terrified of gorillas but now will be the first in line to any movie that includes chimps or great apes (proving that you can learn to love what you fear)!
Lastly, and perhaps most importantly, my end products
show time and attention to details of moments you may have seen as
they happened during our session - or missed because they happened
just that quickly. The care I will take with your photos will be evident
in every proof, every product. You will not see every image I take
– but those I put forth for you are the ones I deem the best
and I am proud to have stand with my name on them.